Personal Information Statement
ANAT may collect your personal information for the purposes of providing ANAT’s products or services or information about those products or services, to you, and for related or incidental purposes. ANAT’s ability to provide products or services to you may be affected if we are not provided with all personal information we request.
ANAT may disclose your personal information to other organisations. These may include organisations that are contracted to provide services to ANAT (such as to distribute ANAT information or maintain ANAT databases), and/or organisations ANAT has partnered with, such as certain consulting firms or educational institutions.
Please discuss with us any concerns you have about providing your personal information to us. You may request access to your personal information held by ANAT by contacting us on [email protected] or by phone on +61 (0) 8 8231 9037.
1. Privacy Act
ANAT complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
No general exemptions under the Act apply to personal information handled by us or to any of our acts or practices.
3. How we Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
The primary purpose for collecting personal information is so that we may offer or provide our products or services to you.
We will collect your personal information directly from you whenever practicable, and will limit the personal information we collect to that which is necessary for our functions or activities as a membership based arts organisation. We collect personal information via applications, survey, registration forms, direct communication, via our online services and from third parties in some cases (such as where we offer activities in conjunction with other organisations).
When we collect your personal information, we will endeavour to make you aware of the purposes for which your personal information is being collected by us, the organisations to which we would usually disclose your information, and any consequences for you if you fail to provide any information that is requested by us.
We store your personal information securely, and have implemented procedures designed to ensure that your personal information is not misplaced or misused, and that un-authorised access to, modification of, or disclosure of your personal information does not occur.
Security storage measures we employ include:
- Password protection for information stored in computer records.
- Restricted access to certain information to ensure that only authorised individuals are able to access this information for authorised purposes.
- Network and computer security.
- Physical document security, including locked offices, filing cabinets and archives.
- Secure destruction of information once it is no longer required by us.
- Regular monitoring and improvement of our security procedures, to ensure they remain effective.
- We may refuse to provide you with further information about our security procedures if doing so may compromise those procedures.
3.3 Use and Disclosure
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it or for related purposes within reasonable expectations. We will seek your consent prior to using or disclosing your personal information for any other purpose (unless the use or disclosure in the particular circumstances is required or authorised by law).
We may use your personal information for promotional purposes or activities. Further information about the organisations we may disclose personal information to appears below.
4. Access to Personal Information
Please contact us if you wish to obtain access to your personal information. We may require that you provide us with sufficient identification before allowing you to access the personal information we hold about you. If we are required or authorised by law to do so, we may refuse to provide you with access to this information.
We may charge a fee to supply you with held personal information, assessed per access request. We will not charge a fee for you to lodge a request for access. Provision of your personal information may be in electronic or hardcopy format.
To ensure our records are correct, please let us know if any of your personal details change.
5. We do not collect sensitive information (as defined in the Act). Personal information we may hold includes:
- Name, date of birth and gender
- Home/work addresses, telephone, fax numbers and email address
- Education, qualifications and referees
- Professional memberships
- Involvement in ANAT activities
- Areas of professional interest
- Standard payment and billing information
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to Other Organisations
Personal information collected by us will usually be treated as confidential. However, in some circumstances we may disclose your personal information to other organisations, for example:
- If you participate in a workshop, lab, symposiums or residency that we conduct in conjunction with a university or other organisation, we may disclose your personal information to that university or other organisation as part of offering that workshop, lab, symposiums or residency.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to certain of our contractors, suppliers, agents and business alliance partners as we consider necessary.
- In these cases, we enter into appropriate confidentiality agreements with these organisations to protect personal information from inappropriate disclosure. Only limited personal information is disclosed, such as your name, contact information and email address.
We may seek your consent to disclose your personal information to other organisations in some circumstances, depending upon the purpose for which we collected that information and our understanding of your reasonable expectations in respect of our use of that information.
7. Information Transferred Overseas
Generally, we do not transfer personal information outside of Australia. We may do so, however, if you have given your permission for this to occur or if we are otherwise legally entitled or required to do so.
8. Online Privacy
These are any services provided by us via the Internet, including email and our web sites.
8.1 Automatic Server Logs & Google Analytics
Our web server may automatically collects various items of information when you use our web site, including:
- Your IP (“Internet Protocol”) address (which is, generally, a unique number assigned to your computer)
- Information about the operating system and Internet browser software you are currently using
- The data that you download from our web site, and when you download it.
In some circumstances, it may be possible to identify you from this information, we do not attempt to do so, and only use this information for statistical analysis, system administration, and similar purposes. This information is not disclosed to any other party.
8.3 Email and Message Forms
Consent: We may collect personal information from you (such as your name, email address, and any other personal information you provide) if you send us email or if you submit information to us using a message or feedback form. We will use this personal information to contact you to respond to your message, and for other related purposes we consider are within your reasonable expectations. We will not use or disclose this information for any other purpose without your consent.
Identify: ANAT will identify itself accurately and give contact information in any commercial electronic messages sent.
Unsubscribe: ANAT commercial electronic messages will contain a functional unsubscribe facility to allow the recipient to opt-out of receiving messages from ANAT in the future. The unsubscribe request will be honored within five working days of receipt.
8.4 Data Aggregation
ANAT may aggregate data that is in the public domain and link this to personal information you have supplied to ANAT. This information will be treated as though you have supplied it. Only information in the public domain relevant to ANAT’s provision of goods or services to you will be aggregated. Information aggregated from the public domain by ANAT will not be disclosed in the aggregate, but may be linked to, or referenced individually where ANAT can reasonably infer that this was the intention of having the information available in the public domain.
If you provide any personal information to us via our online services (including email) or if we provide information to you by these means, the privacy, security and integrity of this information cannot be guaranteed during its transmission unless we have indicated otherwise (for example, where we state that information is transmitted using a secure server).
Once we receive personal information, we will take reasonable steps to store it so that unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse and loss are prevented
8.6 Other Online Services
If any of our online services (including any email messages we send to you) provide links to other online services that are not operated by us, we are not responsible for the content of those other services and do not (unless we specify otherwise) endorse the privacy practices of the organisations that operate those other services.
If you believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your concerns.
11. Further Information
Please contact us if you require further information about the ways we manage your personal information.